January 20th, 2017
Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Android 4.1 Jellybean – Easiest method
It’s been quite sometime when the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 was released. It was introduced as the most famous budget dual core phone and it definitely was a success.
It was the successor to the famous Micromax A110 Canvas but with some more features and a dual core processor. So following are the specs of Micromax A110 Canvas 2 in a summary:
- Dual Core processor based on MT6577 chipset
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 inches IPS capacitive touch display with 480*854 resolution.
- Android 4.0.4
The good news is that Micromax A110 Canvas 2 has received an official Jellybean update from Micromax. But as we all know that Micromax still doesn’t have the infrastructure to update firmwares of their products over the air (OTA) so you will have to visit the service center to get your device updated!
As the title of this post suggests that we are going to mention the easiest way to Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Android 4.1 Jellybean. We will tell you how you can do that!
All credits for this easy method goes to XDA Member paplu3.
Downloads & Requirements
- Root Micromax A110 Canvas 2
- Install ClockworkMod on Micromax A110 Canvas 2
- Download the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Jellybean flashable ZIP.
From the above given download link, download the “Micromax A110 JellyBean stock CWM” file. Move on to the procedure after this step.
Procedure to Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Android 4.1 Jellybean
- make sure you have accomplished the above mentioned requirement and you have also downloaded the ROM flashable ZIP.
- Move the downloaded ZIP to the root of your SD Card of your Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
- Turn off your phone and boot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down +Power button at the same time.
- Choose install ZIP from SD card. Browse to the flashable ZIP file and select it.
- The ZIP will now start flashing and it will take some time. Wait until the flashing completes.
- After the flashing completes, go back to ClockworkMod home.
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset. This will wipe all the data that is not required. In other words it will reset the phone to factory settings. This will also wipe the cache partition.
- Go to Advanced > Wipe dalvik cache.
- All done! Now you can reboot your phone and you will have Android 4.1 Jellybean on Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
Congratulations you just followed and completed the steps to update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Android 4.1 Jellybean in the easiest way possible.