[How-to] Easily Share Your Broadband Connection with your Android Phone
Hello folks, This time we are going to show you how to Share your broadband connection with your Android phones. Many time its happens that we have blazing speed at our desktops and contrary to that we have very slow speed (2G connection) on our android phone.
So wonder if we could simply share our broadband connection with our android device we would be less reliant on that pesky 2G internet connection. Here is the catch we can do this by “Reverse Tethering“.
Talking about “Reverse Tethering” , most of you would be knowing about “USB Tethering” in that we simply share the internet connection present on the phone with our Desktops/Laptops.
In Reverse Tethering we do the exact opposite. We share internet connection on our Desktops/Laptops with our phones.
In this post we will tell you how to perform Reverse Tethering on your phone.
Share Your Broadband Connection with your Android Phone
Before proceeding make sure you have following stuff:
- Rooted Android Device.
- Working Broadband(or any connection as fast as broadband ) Connection on your Desktop/Laptop
- Reverse Tethering App: Get it from this Link (Its a paid app).
In this tutorial we are focusing on Windows OS (that too Win 7 especially but may work in XP,Vista, 8 as well) on Desktop/Laptop. Now you have gathered all above things now just follow this simple steps.
- Install “Reverse Tethering.apk” onto your android device. Now in your Windows powered Desktop/Laptop goto this path “Control Panel>>Network and Internet >>Network Connection”.
- Now connect your android device to your desktop/laptop in “USB Tethering ” mode. and then in your PC look for this network connections.
- The Network Connection with “Remote NDIS” is the your android device connected in USB Tethering mode and In this case the broadband(High Speed connection) is connection with a type “WAN miniport”.
- In this step just right click on on the your broadband connection and open up its Properties and navigate to the tab with name “Sharing”. There you tick the checkbox “Allow other network…..” and in Home networking connection select the network connection of “Remote NDIS” i.e your android connected in USB tethering mode after doing this click OK.
- Now comeback to your android device and open the app you just installed “Reverse Tethering ” . and just keep tapping next and the last window.
- Now at this step you just have to tap on connect, if you have followed all steps correctly after completing the processing it will look like this.
There you go! Now you have blazing fast speed of your broadband connection on your Android device. Hope you liked the post , please do share this with your friend.
If you have any queries/doubts, then you can get them cleared in the comments section below .