June 20th, 2017
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime: 100% Easy Steps!
In this post we will see how to Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime. – Often, we come across difficulties in installing an app, or updating the software on the android device. These problems arise due to the inadequacy of the root access over the device. Android being based on Linux Kernel, gaining root access is a mandatory to achieve sophistication. In early days, rooting is done in a simple aesthetic way using certain tools and apps. However, as the android developers started adapting advancing technology, the allure of the rooting procedure has become a nightmare.
After gaining a huge success over Redmi 1S, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi2 by refining the MIUI along with a redesigned and elevated launcher. The functionality and workability have remained the same with 8GB of internal memory, 1.2GHz Snapdragon Quad Core Processor, 1GB RAM, 8 MP back camera and a 2MP Front selfie camera.
In this article today, we’re going to present you a tutorial on how to root Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime without sweating much in an elegant and easy way. The best part of this tutorial is that it doesn’t require any kind of external devices other than the smartphone, itself. The method that has been described below is absolutely safe without any data loss and therefore, you don’t have to necessarily backup your data. However, to maintain an unfaltering status, a backup is recommended.
Root Redmi2 and Redmi2 Prime – Procedure
- The first thing you should do before starting the rooting process is to own two different files, that enables you to root the device. The two files are available over several file sharing sites like Zippyshare, Mediafire etc under the name of update.zip and RootRedmi2.zip.
- If you find it difficult, to search for the files; you can simply click on the links given and follow the instructions to download the files.
- After making sure that the files are downloaded, open the file manager and find the location of the files. Make sure that these files are put in the internal memory of the android device on the outer surface without being embedded inside any folder. If you find them in folders like ‘Downloads’, move them to the periphery.
- Being done with that, open the Updater App that is already present in the system tray menu of your Redmi2 or Redmi2 prime. Go to the right corner of the interface, and tap on the three dots icon in order to get a drop down with several options.
- From the menu, select “Choose Update Package” by clicking on it. Navigate to the downloaded update.zip file and open it by tapping on it. By doing this, your phone will restart on its own.
- Wait with patience till the restarting procedure is done and open the updater app, again. This time, locate the RootRedmi2.zip file through the ‘Choose Update Package” and wait again till the phone restarts. I know, this might annoy you a little. But, you’re almost near the end.
- Once the phone is restarted, all you have to do is gain root permission. To do this, go to the Security App>Permission>Root access and tick on the box beside the option saying, ‘Allow apps to use root’. By doing this, you have rooted your phone with composure.
If you have any issues emerged during the rooting procedure, contact us by commenting in the comment section, so that we will come to your rescue in no time and help you in solving your issue. Subscribe to us and share us on other social networking platforms for more impertinent methods regarding the android devices.