January 20th, 2017
How to root Xiaomi Redmi 1S
How to root Xiaomi Redmi 1S – Easiest and Safest Method
Xiaomi is one of the most prominent names in India when it comes to latest technology. The phones developed under this brand name come with all the configurations that you will find in a smartphone that too at the lowest possible price. Xiaomi has managed to get a dominant market share without getting into a lot of advertisements of their cellular phones. Another exciting thing about these phones is that you can own a Xiaomi phone only through an online shopping website that too in limited stocks that attracts the customers to buy them from specific mediums. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S features 8MP rear camera with flash and a front camera of 1.6MP. it also features a 1.6 GHz quad core processor, Dual SIM, 8GB internal memory, 1GB RAM, 4.7 inches display screen and Android version 4.3. Now, here are the steps that will help you in rooting your Xaiomi Redmi 1S.
Before starting with the rooting process make sure that you consider the below mentioned things:
- Make sure that you create a back up for all the data that is stored in your device.
- Go to the settings options on your phone and after getting there tap on the build number 5 times. Also enable the developer option on your device.
- The memory in your device should be Stock Mi Recovery 2.0.1which is pre- installed already.
- Do make sure that the battery of your device is at least 75%. If this criterion is not fulfilled that there are chances of your phone getting switched off in the middle of the process. If this happens then it can even lead to the getting blocked.
You can begin with the rooting process, once you have met all the pre-requisites that are mentioned above.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Carefully follow all the steps given below to begin with the rooting process of your phone:
- The initial step is to download the file update.zip on your computer system. After the downloading is completed, you can transfer the file on your phone’s SD card from your computer system through a USB cable.
- Make sure that you have properly disconnected your Redmi 1S from USB cable. Now begin with booting your device into Mi- Recovery.
- Meanwhile the process of Mi- Recovery is going on; you can choose any language of your choice.
- After this, you have to confirm the installation of file update.zip to your computer system. This process will be completed in few seconds.
- Once the installation is completed, choose and confirm the reboot option.
- Switch on to Security >> Permission and then activate the Root permission after the rebooting your device.
The process of rooting is carried out to improve the functionality and performance of the device. However, the customer must remember that after carrying out the rooting process the warranty of the phone will become void. However, you can get back the warranty once again after unrooting your device. Follow the above mentioned steps carefully so as to root your Xiaomi Redmi 1S and enjoy a more flexible device.