January 20th, 2017
Root Sony Xperia Z
It’s been quite sometime that Sony released their new flagship phone for 2013 i.e the Sony Xperia Z. In this post I will tell you an easy method to Root Sony Xperia Z without any problem/glitches.
The Sony Xperia Z is a powerful phone with some cool features. It is powered by a Quad-Core 1.5 GHz processor and 2GB of RAM. Right now it runs on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean but an Android 4.2 update is promised.
This post may seem to be somewhat big but it is needed to get successful root access on the Sony Xperia Z.
Root Sony Xperia Z
This will void your device’s warranty. We are not responsible for any type of harm caused to you/your device. Try this at your own risk. We are just a medium to share this method to the world.
Make sure you fulfill the following requirements before proceeding any further.
- Xperia Z with stock Sony JB firmware (Tested on: 10.1.D.0.317, 10.1.D.0.322, 10.1.A.1.350 versions)
- ADB drivers (Download below)
- Windows 8 users need to enable a few things to install the drivers. Here’s how to do it.
So make sure you fulfill the above mentioned requirements. Now you can move on and download the required stuff.
Download everything that we have mentioned here. It is important.
Now that you have downloaded everything you are ready to move to the procedures section.
The procedure may seem a bit complex and confusing but I am doing my best to write the tutorial to Root Sony Xperia Z in the most easy to understand manner.
Do not skip any steps. All the steps are necessary.
- Install the ADB Drivers by executing the flashtool-drivers.exe.
- On your Sony Xperia Z, go to Settings > About Phone. Now tap the Build Number five times. We are doing this to enable the Developer options.
- Now we need to enable USB Debugging. Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Enable and Settings -> Developer options -> check USB Debugging.
- We also need to enable install from Unknown sources. To do this go to Settings -> Security -> Check Unknown sources.
- Extract all the files of the rooting package archive to a place you can access easily like Desktop.
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Z to your PC.
- Open the extracted rooting package folder and run/double click the RunMe.bat.
- Now hit the Enter button and this will start the rooting process. Your device will be recognized if you installed the ADB Drivers correctly or else go back and install again.
- Keep checking your phone and select RESTORE DATA when “press the button to restore the data in your phone” comes up.
- Now check the command prompt window and see if “if Restoring data is complete,” shows up.
- Now while your phone is still connected to PC go to your phone dialer and & dial *#*#7378423#*#*.
- Now in the new screen that pops up on your phone, go to Service tests > Display.
- Your phone screen will turn white. Do not panic it’s all in the plan. The rooting tool will now execute some commands.
- The let process complete.
- After everything completes your phone will restart automatically. Look for an app named “SuperUser” in the apps drawer. If you find the app then your phone is now rooted.
So this was the procedure to Root Sony Xperia Z. If you are facing problems then keep reading as we have included a troubleshooting section in this post.
- NFC not working on Sony Xperia Z after rooting: Fixed
- For Sony Xperia Z unlockable bootloader device. If you use this procedure then your device will be now detected as LOCKED or Unlock not possible. Fixed
Video Tutorial to Root Sony Xperia Z
Thanks Shem2409 for making a video tutorial to Root Sony Xperia Z.