June 20th, 2017
Root and Install ClockworkMod on Karbonn A7+
Karbonn A7+ is successor to the infamous Karbonn A7. This is another one of those budget Android phones with dual SIM capabilities. It comes loaded with Android 2.3 which runs on a 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM it also sports a 5 MP Primary Camera and dual SIM (GSM+GSM) support.
So in this post we will be guiding you through a process to Root and Install ClockworkMod Karbonn A7+ successfully.
First you will need to download a few things to get going to the main steps.
[button link=”http://www.4shared.com/rar/yDnHV9CX/Karbonn_A7_ROOT.html?” style=”download”]Download A7+ Root Kit[/button]
To extract this archive use WinRAR.
[button link=”http://www.mediafire.com/?khsiic3cnvtmac3″ style=”download”]Download A7+ CWM Kit[/button]
[button link=”http://www.4shared.com/file/O1pXQJcp/PdaNetA302.html” style=”download”]Download PdaNet[/button]
We will first root and then proceed towards installing CWM on Karbonn A7+.
- After extracting, these are the files you will see.
- You will find two archives named Root and UNRoot. Do not extract these files, it is not necessary. Also, Do Not Modify Anything Inside The Archives.
- Move the archive named Root.zip in root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now turn off your Karbonn A7+.
- Now press the Power and Volumer Up button at the same time till you see a red screen. This new screen is the stock recovery and we will later replace this with ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Now move to Apply Update from sdcard using the volume buttons and choose by pressing the Power button.
- Choose the Root.zip and press the Power button. It will be flashed.
- After the process is complete, just reboot your phone.
Congratulations!! Your Karbonn A7+ is rooted successfully.
Now let us move on and install ClockworkMod or CWM on Karbonn A7+.
Lets install ClockworkMod/CWM
- This is also a short method.
- Enable USB Debugging by going in Settings > Applications > Development> Check USB Debugging.
- Connect your Karbonn A7+ to your PC using the USB data cable provided.
- The drivers will now get installed for your Karbonn A7+.
- If the drivers are not installed properly then use PdaNet to install drivers. Choose the brand as others when asked for. Do all this while your phone is still connected your your PC.
- After the drivers are installed, disconnect your phone and connect it again.
- Now open the folder where you extracted the A7+ CWM Kit.
- Run the CWM_RECOVERY.bat and follow the steps.
- You will have ClockworkMod/CWM on your Karbonn A7+ using this method.
- To boot into CWM turn off your phone and press the Power button+Volume Up button together until you see the new CWM recovery.