Install ClockworkMod on Karbonn A21
Karbonn A21 is an Android 4.0 phone from Karbonn which may be called as the flagship phone in it’s Duple series as of now. It sports a dual core processor which runs Android 4.0 on a 4.4 inches screen of resolution 480*800 px.
Anyways, in this post I will guide you through a process to Install ClockworkMod on Karbonn A21.
ClockworkMod is a custom recovery for Android devices which let’s you do different things with your device like taking a nandroid backup, restoring that backup, installing a new ROM and stuff. Read more:
Before you proceed any further, you will need to root your Karbonn A21.
Without any further ado, we will start the process to Install ClockworkMod on Karbonn A21.
Download the following package which will be needed to Install ClockworkMod on Karbonn A21.
[button link=”http://www.mediafire.com/?qasnlvvay4gw5le” style=”download”]Download A21 CWM Package[/button]
Here are the files that you will see after downloading the CWM package.
Also install the Terminal Emulator on your A21 from Play Store.
[button link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm” style=”download”]Download Android Terminal Emulator[/button]
After you have downloaded the required things you are all set to move to the installation part.
- Move the downloaded recovery.img for Karbonn A21 in the root of your internal SD card.
- Now open the app Android Terminal Emulator and type the following:
- Now you will be prompted to allow SuperUser permissions to the Android Terminal Emulator app. Tap on Allow or Grant.
- Now carefully type the following in the Android Terminal Emulator app.
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/originalrecovery.img bs=4096
- Now again enter the following carefully.
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 bs=4096
- This will flash ClockworkMod on your Karbonn A21.
So there you go. In just these simple steps you will have ClockworkMod for Karbonn A21 installed.
You can use the comments section below to get any of doubts cleared. The source of this post is here.