June 20th, 2017
How to root YU Yuphoria – Easiest method you’ll find!!
Micromax has launched a brand new series of Android smartphones which goes by the name of YU. Yu Yuphoria is the second smartphone which makes to YU smartphone series. All the smartphones under YU series come with Cyanogenmod operating system which is one of the best custom rom available for Android devices. YU Yuphoria comes with a 5.0-inch display screen which delivers resolution of 720 X 1280 pixels. With dual sim connectivity option you can use two sim cards at a time in the device. Under the hood of the Yu Yuphoria you will get 1.2 Ghz quad core processor. The processor is combined with 2 GB RAM which will help you in getting the good performance. You will get 8 Mega pixel primary camera in the device which is capable of capturing amazing shots. The front camera of the device is however a 5 Mega pixel one which will allow you to take great selfies and will help you in video calling.
If you want to try other custom roms on YU Yuphoria you can root your device as there is a rooting guide available for the device. Follow the step by step guide shared below if you want to root YU Yuphoria.
Prerequisites and Downloads
- Enable USB debugging on your Yu Yuphoria smartphone. To enable USB debugging first of all you need to get developer access. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 5-8 times. You will get developer access. Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Create backup of all the data which is present in your device before you start the rooting process. You might lose your data after having root access on your device.
- Your device should have more than 70% of battery backup in it. Less battery might lead to switching off the device during rooting process.
How to unlock bootloader of Yu Yuphoria
First of all you need to unlock the bootloader of Yu Yuphoria smartphone. To unlock bootloader follow the step by step guide shared below.
- Extract the adb_fastboot file in a folder in the C drive of your computer.
- Now switch off your device and once your device is switched off turn it back on in Fastboot mode. To power up your device in Fastboot menu continuously press the Volume Up key when connecting your device with USB cable to your computer.
- As soon as you connect your device with the computer Windows will start installing drivers of Yu Yuphoria on your PC. It might take a few minutes to complete the downloading process.
- Once the drivers are installed on Yu Yuphoria go to the folder where you extracted adb_fastboot files. Now open command window there by pressing combination of Shift Key + right mouse button and selecting Open command window here
- You will see a command prompt on your computer screen. Enter the command shared below which will show you the devices connected in Fastboot mode with your computer.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
- Enter the next command mentioned below which will unlock the bootloader of your device.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Once the bootloader of your device is unlocked enter the command shared below which will reboot your device to system.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
Now you have successfully unlocked bootloader of YU Yuphoria.
How to hotboot CWM Recovery
This is the next step you need to perform in order to root Yu Yuphoria. With the help of hotbooting you will add a temporary custom recovery in the recovery partition of your device. When you will reboot your device the custom recovery of Yu Yuphoria will get replaced with stock Cyanogen recovery.
- First of all copy the Super SU file from the rooting kit in the SD card of your device.
- Once you have copied the Super SU file copy the Yuphoria-cwm recovery file in the adb_fastboot folder of your device.
- Enter the fastboot mode of your Yu Yuphoria. To power up your device in Fastboot menu continuously press the Volume Up key when connecting your device with USB cable to your computer.
- Now go to the folder where you extracted adb_fastboot files. Now open command window there by pressing combination of Shift Key + right mouse button and selecting Open command window here
- In the command window enter the command shared below which will flash the cwm recovery.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 boot yuphoria-cwm-recovery.img
CWM Recovery will be successfully flashed on YU Yuphoria.
How to root YU Yuphoria
This is the last step you need to perform to get root access on your YU Yuphoria smartphone. Follow the steps shared below to flash Super SU file on YU Yuphoria.
- First of all you need to enter recovery mode of your device. To enter recovery mode press combination of Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
- Once you open the recovery mode you need to use Volume buttons for navigating and Power button for making a selection.
- Using volume button go to install zip from SD card. Now browse the Super SU file which you copied in the SD card of your device.
- Flash the Super SU file by confirming it by selecting Yes
- Once Super SU is flashed on your device you should have root access on Yu Yuphoria.
You are now having root access on Yu Yuphoria.