January 20th, 2017
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i – 100% Easy & Working Method
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i – 100% Easy & Working Method: Xiaomi has launched many amazing smartphones in India and one of the latest smartphones launched by the company is Xiaomi Mi 4i. Xiaomi Mi 4i comes with a 5.0-inch display screen. The 5.0-inch display of the Xiaomi Mi 4i will deliver resolution of 1920 X 1080 pixels. Under the hood of the Xiaomi Mi 4i you will get 1.7 Ghz quad core processor and 2 GB RAM. There is only one storage option available with the Xiaomi Mi 4i and that is 16 GB. Sadly there is no external Micro SD card slot so present you have to live up with 16 GB storage only.
We all know that rooting is having a lot of advantages. The rooting guide for Xiaomi Mi 4i is available. If you want to get root access on your Xiaomi Mi 4i you can have a look at the guide shared below.
Prerequisites and Downloads
- This method will work only with Xiaomi Mi 4i. If you try to use the same method on Xiaomi Mi4 or other smartphone it might get bricked.
- Create backup of your Xiaomi Mi 4i before you start the rooting process as your data will be deleted after getting root access on your device.
- Make sure your device is having more than 80% of battery in it.
- Refer to this guide to install ADB and Fastboot tools
- Download the one click rooting package for your Xiaomi Mi 4i from here
- The password for opening the rooting package is y8g8
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i
Follow the step by step guide to root Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i with your smartphone using a USB cable.
- Extract the rooting package which you downloaded before and keep it on your desktop.
- You will find a root tool in the rooting package (rec file). Open it by double clicking on it. If you are experiencing any issues during opening of the file you need to disable the antivirus.
- You will see a command window on your computer screen which some Chinese text present on it.
- Enter 1 and then press Enter key. You will be prompted about USB debugging. Select Yes
- Your Xiaomi Mi 4i will reboot and will automatically enter fastboot mode.
- Wait for around 5 minutes until you see a blue screen. If your device is not getting the blue screen automatically you can unplug it for around 2 seconds and plug back in again.
- The rooting software will do its work and it will take around 10 seconds for the flashing of Super SU file to complete.
- Once rooting is completed your Xiaomi Mi 4i will reboot and you will be able to see Super SU in the app drawer of your smartphone.
You have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi 4i. You can also check the root status of your device by using the Root Checker app. You can download Root Checker app from here.