How to root Lenovo A7000
Lenovo A7000 is a 5.5-inch smartphone launched by Lenovo. The device delivers resolution of 1280 X 720 pixels. The device is powered with a 1.5 Ghz octa core processor which is an Cortex A53 processor. The 2 GB RAM works perfectly in delivering great performance on the Lenovo A7000 smartphone. The device comes with an 8 Mega pixel primary camera with LED flash which will help you in capturing amazing shots. The front 5 mega pixel camera is great for taking selfies and video calling.
To get full access of your Lenovo A7000 you can root it. You can follow the guide shared below which will help you in installing recovery and rooting Lenovo A7000 smartphone.
Prerequisites and Downloads
Before we tell you the steps for rooting Lenovo A7000 let’s have a look at the things which need to be fulfilled before starting the rooting process.
- Your device should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- USB debugging should be enabled on your Lenovo A7000. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About Phone and tap the build number 5-8 times. Go back to Settings > Developer Options and select USB debugging option to enable it.
- Installation via Unknown sources should ne enabled. To enable it go to Settings > Security > tick Unknown Sources.
- Download Flash tools for Lenovo A7000
- Download USB drivers for Lenovo A7000
- SuperSU file for Lenovo A7000
How to install CWM recovery in Lenovo A7000
Follow the step by step guide shared below to install CWM recovery in Lenovo A7000.
- Extract the flash tools and place them on your desktop. From the flash tools open exe file.
- Now select txt file and Lenovo A7000 will be automatically selected.
- Now go to Options tab and then select Download Make sure DA DL all with Checksum option is checked.
- Now select the Download only option and then select Download option from the drop down menu.
- Select the recovery checkbox and browse for the img file which you extracted from the Flash tools.
- Switch off your Lenovo A7000 smartphone and remove battery from the device.
- Make sure your device is connected with your PC with battery removed. Click on the Download button present at top right corner. At the bottom you will see Download status.
- When you see Download Ok displayed, it means that you have successfully flashed CWM recovery on your Lenovo A7000 smartphone.
How to root Lenovo A7000
The recovery is installed on your Lenovo A7000. Follow the steps shared below to root Lenovo A7000 now.
- Copy the SuperSu which you downloaded before in the internal storage of your Lenovo A7000.
- Enter the recovery mode of your device. To enter recovery mode on Lenovo A7000 press combination of Volume Down + Volume Up + Power Release the Power button when you see the boot screen but keep holding the Volume up and volume down buttons until you see the Recovery.
- Use the Volume buttons for navigating in Recovery mode. To make a selection use the Power button.
- Go to install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card select the SuperSU zip file which you copied in the internal memory of your device in step 1.
- Start flashing the SuperSu file and once it is flashed reboot your device.
You have successfully rooted Lenovo A7000. Once your device is booted you will see SuperSU app present in the app drawer. You can also check the root status of your device by using Root checker Android app.