January 20th, 2017
How to root Lenovo A6000
Lenovo A6000 is one of the most successful smartphones which is ever launched by Lenovo. The smartphone is only available via Flash sales taking place at Flipkart and every time a flash sale occurs Lenovo A6000 gets sold out within a few minutes. Lenovo A6000 sports a 5.0-inch display screen. The 5.0-inch display of the Lenovo A6000 will deliver resolution of 1080 X 720 pixels. Coming to the hardware of the Lenovo A6000 you will get a 1.2 Ghz quad core processor which is coupled with 1 GB RAM. The hardware which you will get in Lenovo A6000 will allow you to run most of the Android games and apps. The device comes with Android KitKat v4.4.4 operating system. There is no update of Android Lollipop available for the Lenovo A6000 for now.
If you want to try Android Lollipop on your Lenovo A6000 you can root it and install custom roms on your device. Follow the guide shared below which will help you to install CWM recovery and root Lenovo A6000 smartphone.
Prerequisites & Downloads
Before we tell you how you can root Lenovo A6000 you need to make sure you are having the things mentioned below with you.
- You should have backup of your device. Create backup of your Lenovo A6000 before you start the rooting process.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your smartphone. To enable USB debugging you need to have Developer access first. Go to Settings > About Phone and tap the build number 5-7 times. Once you get Developer access go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Your Lenovo A6000 should have more than 70% of battery in it.
- Make sure installation via Unknown Sources is enabled. You can enable it from Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot tools are installed on your PC.
- Refer to this guide to download ADB and Fastboot tools.
- You need to download the recovery.img and Super SU files for your Lenovo A6000. Download them from here.
How to install CWM recovery on Lenovo A6000
Follow the step by step guide shared below to install CWM recovery on Lenovo A6000.
- Extract the files you downloaded and place them on your desktop.
- Now open the Fastboot directory and paste the recovery.img file there. By default the ADB and Fastboot tools directory should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- From the same folder open command prompt. To open command prompt press Shift Key + right mouse button. Now select open command window here
- In the command window enter the commands mentioned below one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now you have successfully installed CWM recovery on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone.
How to root Lenovo A6000
Now you are only left with getting root access on your Lenovo A6000. Follow the guide shared below to root Lenovo A6000.
- Copy the Super SU file which you extracted before in the SD card or root memory of your Lenovo A6000.
- Now you have to enter recovery mode of your Lenovo A6000. To enter the recovery mode of your Lenovo A6000 enter the command mentioned below.
adb reboot recovery
- Once your device has entered the recovery mode select Install from SD card option and then choose zip from SD card. Locate the Super SU file which you copied in Step 1. It should present with name of Root-SuperSU-v2.37.zip.
- Flash the file and once flashing has been completed reboot your device.
You are now having root access on your Lenovo A6000. If you are having any issues during the rooting process clear your doubts using the comments section below.