Custom ROM for Micromax A110 Canavas 2 – Radeon™
Development for this dual core beast is getting serious as the first custom ROM for Micromax A110 Canavas 2 has been released. This phone comes with a big 5 inch IPS display, dual core 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB of RAM and runs on Android 4.0 ICS.
Anyways, this post is about the first Custom ROM for Micromax A110 Canavas 2 which is named as Radeon™. This ROM has been developed by acervenky from XDA.
Let me quickly sum up the salient feature of this ROM.
- Xperia Launcher
- Google Play Music
- Smoothness Tweaks
- Improved Battery Life
- Built On Stock ICS
- Google Now working
- Gmail app from Android 4.2
- Few Build.prop Tweaks
- CM9 File Manager With Themes.
So in this post I will be guiding you through a process to install this new ROM for Micromax A110 Canavas 2. Let us first take a look at the requirements before moving any further.
You should have rooted your device. See Root Micromax Micromax A110.
Also, ClockworkMod is necessary. Install ClockworkMod on your Micromax A110.
These are the two requirements that should be fulfilled before flashing this new custom ROM.
[button link=”http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981834″ style=”download”]Download Radeon[/button]
Download this first and then move on to the next steps.
- Make sure you have rooted and installed ClockworkMod on your Micromax A110.
- Now reboot into recovery mode and go to Backup and Restore > Backup and take a backup, just in case.
- Now reboot into Android system again
- After that now move the downloaded ZIP to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Again reboot into recovery mode and choose Install ZIP from SD card. Choose the relevant ZIP file and flash it. It will take about a minute.
- After it is flashed, come to the main screen of the recovery mode
- Now Choose Wipe Cache Partition. Let it format.
- Then go toAdvanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now reboot your phone and it should reboot into the new interface.
So you have successfully installed the first Custom ROM for Micromax A110 Canavas 2 – Radeon™. Have fun!