July 6th, 2015
[Mods] Top Three Audio Mods for Android
This is a little guide which is written in order to point to the average/daily Android user different audio hacks which can be implemented on to the user’s phone to make the handset’s sound quality a little more musical and groovy.
Not all phones have great audio DRM chips like phones from Samsung or Sony do. So this post is dedicated to the users of these low end phones that are not able to provide satisfactory music experience to the users.
With the help of this guide the user can obtain a little more out of their phones to get the music experience they expect.
In this guide we will be implementing three audio mods which can be used to make the music experience better.
- Among the most famous of audio mods available for implementation on the web is Beats audio which is available by default in recent and most popular HTC Android models.
- There is yet another popular and well-known mod available. XLoud from the house of Sony. It manipulates certain properties to make the sound coming out of the speaker/headphones somewhat louder.
- Lastly, not well-known but this is also another good audio mod, ACID SENSE audio mod.
This guide will only cover beats audio, XLoud and ACID mod. Root access is required in all these tutorials so make sure you have already rooted your device.
Install Beats Audio
- I encourage everyone to do a complete system backup before trying anything
- Download the application from Play Store.
[button link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motioncoding.beats&hl=en” style=”download”]Download Beats Audio™ Installer[/button]
- Open the application and allow root access.
- Press next and follow the onscreen instructions and continue pressing next until the installer says done.
- Now you have beats audio on your handset.
- Restart your device and enjoy.
- We have already written a tutorial about installing Xloud on your device.
- Go to this link and follow the tutorial.
Install Acid Sense mod
- Download the attachments and then move them in your SD card.
- Now reboot into ClockworkMod.
- Do a full nandroid backup that will come in handy if anything goes wrong.
- Download the zip file
- Do a full cache wipe
- Now choose install zip from sdcard and choose the ZIPs and install one by one.
- Reboot into the Android system.